Thursday, May 25, 2017


My lovely mum sadly passed away from cancer at the grand age of 87 years. I missed her terribly.

My partner and I witnessed electrical problems, with various lights flashing on and off in our rented accommodation (while our home was being restored following floods) then subsequently in our home when we returned.

Strangely enough, it always seemed to happen when I needed contact the most and would perhaps be having a little cry.

One evening, my daughter gave me some money for safe keeping that she had been gifted by her grandmother. I placed it in a drawer until I decided to retire to bed.

I grabbed the envelope containing the notes, thinking it would be safer upstairs, and the lights immediately fused and the whole house blacked out completely.

Was I scared? Not really - I laughed and told Mum out loud that I wasn’t taking the money for myself, I was simply looking after it for my daughter. The lights kept behaving strangely for some time, until one evening I dreamt Mum was standing right next to me, looking so beautiful and quite radiant.

She told me she was very happy and we hugged so tightly I could feel her as if I was wide awake.

I woke up feeling like a weight had lifted and I was so comforted by that lovely vision of my mum.

0 comments: